This job posting is no longer active
You're a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them. If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with INC Research/inVentiv Health. Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you'll provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. In this role, you'll work directly under moderate supervision and be responsible for providing inbound and outbound customer (patient) support in a pharmaceutical environment. Duties include but are not limited to: answering numerous inbound phone lines, multi-tasking, email communication, outbound follow-up calls with patients, trouble shooting and problem solving with clinical issues that may arise with MS patients.
- Responsible for training of patients remotely either by phone or webcam according to patients' needs.
- Follow-up to ensure patients are utilizing the drug and device correctly.
- Troubleshoot issue and coach patients as necessary.
- Must be flexible and sensitive to patient's needs.
- Answers incoming calls in professional manner following client guidelines and business rules
- Perform outgoing calls in professional manner following client guidelines and business rules to ensure patients are following their therapy path. Identify any areas that are potentially troublesome and follow up with the patient to ensure that issue is resolved.
- Manages calls in a personal, systematic and organized manner
- Schedule new patient trainings based on MD request, and patient's needs in a timely manner
- Responds to patient inquiries and provides education or information to help regarding training issues
- Identify and escalate priority issues to assigned manager
- Work with internal client regulatory and medical affairs and tele-solutions nurse supervisor to efficiently and effectively resolve customer needs
- Display exemplary phone etiquette following approved call talking points
- Focus and provide exemplary customer service
- Works collaboratively with the company's staff and vendor partners across service lines to ensure patient is ready for training and has what they need so that training can be scheduled
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient situation/family rights
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Follow up phone call to physician notifying them training has been completed (if within business rules) or other providers (such as specialty pharmacy
- Completes all necessary compliance training in specified timeframe
- Understands and utilizes CISCO phone system and records appropriate information in the SalesForce.com database in accordance with customer business rules and training
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- RN or BSN
- 2+ years in customer service field/or a combination of education and patient care experience in a chronic condition
- Experience in chronic care a plus such as MS, rheumatology, immunology, etc.
- Experience with injectable therapies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and maintain prioritization
- Must have clinical knowledge and willingness to become certified in MS
- Must be empathetic and compassionate
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power-point & Excel with an emphasis on creation, design & maintenance of spreadsheets
- Comfortable using technology such as webcam, medical devices, and apps (and willing to learn) medical call center experience preferred
- Familiar with unified contact center express telecommunication system is a plus
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At INC Resesarch/inVentiv Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
Company [Job Posting]
INC Research/inVentiv Health position