You're a clinician, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them.
If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with La Jolla.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies intended to significantly improve outcomes in patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The company has several product candidates in development. LJPC-501 is La Jolla's proprietary formulation of angiotensin II for the potential treatment of catecholamine-resistant hypotension. LJPC-401 is La Jolla's proprietary formulation of hepcidin for the potential treatment of conditions characterized by iron overload, such as hemochromatosis and beta thalassemia. LJPC-30S is La Jolla's next-generation gentamicin derivative program for the potential treatment of serious bacterial infections and rare genetic disorders, such as cystic fibrosis and Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
La Jolla plans to build a new commercial organization and launch its first commercial product which provides a clinically unmet need in a disease state with a current mortality rate upwards of 80%. The Critical Care Field Team will represent La Jolla Pharmaceuticals within targeted hospitals and with a focus primarily on the hospital ICU. In this role, you'll provide clinical expertise to health care providers and patients through utilization of your clinical skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. You'll join a newly-launched team and accelerate Critical Care awareness through office-based education and engaging in peer to peer discussions. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
- Represent La Jolla in the medical community for an assigned geographical area in accordance with the company's direction and policy, focused on the nursing segment.
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate CNE efforts with Customer Care Representatives, Regional Business Managers, Market Access, MSLs, etc., as part of a team following all compliance and regulatory guidelines, to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Attend and participate in customer care meetings, training classes, seminars, conventions and other business activities.
- Build positive customer relationships with key nursing organizations, targeted accounts, state societies, and other identified key customers. Maintain an open dialogue with key opinion leaders in the nursing arena and develop product champions for promoted products.
- Partner internally to ensure accurate disease state information is used in an appropriate and compliant manner.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the regional business, customers and competition.
- Perform all administrative functions of the position in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BSN; RN required. CCRN preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 3- 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry in critical care.
- Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information.
- Prior new product launch experience preferred.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the critical care market.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of FDA regulations and approved guidelines for pharmaceutical promotion and adverse event/drug reaction reporting.
- Proven ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the targeted geographical area.
- Ability to travel locally and overnight 70% of the time and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
- Residence near a major airport.
- Valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
More than 50%
Minimum Education Level
Client Direct Hire