You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join our groundbreaking global network of more than 22,000 employees with the ability to service clients in over 110 countries. As part of the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, you'll be connected to a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work with endless energy in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. You'll integrate seamlessly with our clients and do what's best for their success. In a recent five-year period, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 82% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with Adheris Health, an INC Research/inVentiv Health company. In this role, you'll join the industry leader in education and adherence programs that help patients stay on prescribed chronic drug therapy. Working with a national network of retail pharmacies and major pharmaceutical manufacturers, we design and administer programs designed to manage chronic disease, educate patients about their condition, and increase patient's compliance with prescribed medication. You'll be part of a successful organization with steady, but well-managed growth. The work environment is that of a small, entrepreneurial organization, however, you'll have the security and resources that come from being a wholly-owned subsidiary of INC Research/inVentiv Health.
The Account Team Lead (ATL) serves as a primary day-to-day client contact. The ATL directs internal teams through program implementation and execution across the Adheris Health portfolio of products, and assists with the development and execution of internal, strategic objectives for the brand/manufacturer. This position supports account profitability, client relationship, growth of accounts, and strategic cross-servicing opportunities. The ATL will share responsibilities for the Account Manager functions within the team. This is NOT a sales role. Will manage the client work after the sale has been completed. Will direct the work of more junior account managers. More specifically:
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative when exploring team/client needs, responding to requests and furthering understanding of marketing principles and pharma industry market dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to internal and external audience
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and exercise judgment to prioritize accomplish tasks
- Demonstrates keen problem solving skills
- Approaches client business with a holistic approach
- Understands the basic principles of the Adheris Health program lifecycle including estimation and contracting, design, implementation and maintenance
- Ability to quickly develop a broad knowledge of Adheris Health products, services and capabilities
- Committed to fostering team environment across functions
- Develops strong, productive relationships
- Possesses ability to present point of view and influence decision-making
- Maintains composure under pressure; leads by example
- Doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked
- Adapts to change and bounces back from disappointment
- Seeks and accepts feedback
- Demonstrates respect, empathy and appreciation for others
- Acts with professionalism and integrity - exhibits open, honest, fair behaviors
- Recognizes and escalates issues when appropriate
- Demonstrates awareness of how his/her actions or interactions impact others
- The Account Team Lead manages day-to-day needs of assigned Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and/or Retail Pharmacy Partners (i.e. "Accounts") and manages activity of internal teams to ensure accurate and timely execution of contracted messaging programs, and recognition of contracted revenue.
- Coordinates activities and prioritized the work of internal team across Accounts and business functions, including Account Management, Project Management, Creative Services, Clinical Services, Analytics and Business Development
- Ensures common understanding of project objectives and effectively communicates next steps and action items to internal and client teams
- Ensures client point of view is understood and client expectations and deliverables are met
- The Account Team Lead also supports typical Account Management functions for assigned Accounts
- Assists with internal bi-monthly forecast updates
- Maintains regular client contact and follow-up
- Directly addresses client inquiries and concerns and partners with internal team to present solutions to client
- Effectively communicates Adheris Health point of view
- Engages senior management in an appropriate manner regarding any client needs/concerns
- Participates in internal client strategy development
- Attends client update/status/planning meetings, as needed
- Maintains financial control of the assigned Accounts including revenue and profitability (w/Finance and Business Development support)
- Directs/assists in completion of client budget/forecast reconciliations
- Proactively reviews financial status of Account with client
- Ensures senior management is aware of any potential financial issues
- Possesses a solid working knowledge of the pharmaceutical (or retail pharmacy) industry
- Mentors, educates, trains, and motivates assigned internal team members
- Collaborates with functional managers to establish clear performance expectations and identify goals, and to help communicate expectations to assigned team members
- Provides performance feedback to assigned team members and to functional managers to support employee development
- Establishes and communicates guiding work principles for assigned team members (communication, coverage during time-off, etc.)
- Works with business development and internal team members to identify new business opportunities within existing Accounts and pull through additional Adheris Health offerings; supports external new business initiatives as requested
- Maintains working knowledge of Adheris Health solutions and resources and recognizes/acts upon convergent INC/inVentiv Health opportunities.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree and prior experience in Client Services/Account Management required (3-5 years recommended)
- Pharmaceutical (or retail pharmacy) experience recommended
- Travel required approximately 10%, as needed
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
The successful Account Team Lead is extremely detail oriented, an active-listener, is able to take and give direction and effectively communicate business needs. This person possesses (or is developing) a broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the retail pharmacy landscape. This person has the ability to direct teams, and to focus on revenue pull-through, and to prioritize and overcome obstacles in program execution.
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonuses
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position