You're a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them.
If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with INC Research/inVentiv Health.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Researtch/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you'll provide clinical expertise to health care providers and patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. In this hybrid telephonic and field-based role, you'll provide direct education and support for patients with Crohn's Disease. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
- Provide telephonic support and assist in coordination of available resources to patients with Crohn's disease
- Assist in the coordination of initial IV infusion and in the transitioning of the patient to SQ self- injection (which may include providing in-home injection training)
- Provide follow up with patients at pre-determined intervals during the therapeutic process
- Conduct educational programs within targeted HCP offices, conduct peer to peer educational programs, and provide patient follow up pre and post infusion and injection training within their assigned territory.
- Utilize professional expertise, relationships and clinical training in the implementation of the client's education plan
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- Active RN license (cannot have had a license revoked in any state)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Prior experience with telephonic or live direct to patient experience
- Strong consideration given to candidates who have Rheumatology, gastroenterology and/or Crohn's disease experience.
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience preferred
- Previous experience in introducing new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Ability to travel locally and overnight 20-25%
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Ability to schedule individual work related travel (air, hotel, rental car as needed)
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position