This job posting is no longer active
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There's one thing you do that's exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a National Business Director role with INC Research/inVentiv Health.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
INC Research/inVentiv Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of inVentiv Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The National Business Director will be the primary contact for the Field Reimbursement team on all matters related to the project and provide leadership, management, operations and financial support and oversight that aligns to client strategy and business goals. Primary partnership lead to link strategy to execution in order to deliver client value and accelerate growth of aligned business objectives. The scope and scale of the role will adapt to meet the expanding needs of the inVentiv/client partnership.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Attract, coach and retain team of high performing Field Reimbursement Regional Managers
- Lead and direct Reimbursement team in the acquisition, expansion and retention of targeted business within the assigned geographic area
- Develop plans that effectively translate national strategy at the Regional level
- Understand the strategy and key operational priorities of our client
- Integrate with leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, MM, Operations, and Training etc.) to ensure collaborative approach to support field success.
- Proactively recommend solutions to enhance performance, leveraging inVentiv Selling Solutions capabilities and other services as appropriate to support competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to complement client capabilities with inVentiv capabilities to further strengthen the partnership
- Function as the primary liaison between client and internal inVentiv operational elements, ensuring inVentiv employees working with the client understand strategy and incorporate that into their recommendations
- Facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with inVentiv Field Leaders (SLLs, FLLs), inVentiv internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution.
- Responsible for overall P&L of the contract.
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time.
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement.
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to design reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement.
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the management and FRM team.
- Minimize regrettable turnover through selection process and ongoing leadership actions. Leverage performance management tools to quickly identify performance level and direct resources to manage appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
- Collaborate on incentive compensation plan design and oversee plan administration.
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports within field management and inVentiv Operations Management structure, including adherence to policies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the client to discuss and address business issues.
- Recommend positive solutions toward increasing productivity and improved operational efficiency for the client and inVentiv.
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary process.
- Conduct regular meetings with field teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development.
- Facilitate regular, ongoing operational update meetings and serve on Steering Committee.
- Assess training needs and recommend solutions, as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings/events, as necessary.
- Maintain or expand business opportunities within existing client base to include additional inVentiv services.
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred (Majors preferred - Sciences, Business, Pharmacy, Healthcare Fields)
- Min of 5 years in reimbursement, contract strategy, managed care sales/marketing or related field and preferably at least 2 years leading a regional or national team across multiple stakeholders.
- Specialty Pharmacy, Infusion, Buy/Bill, and Specialty biologic product experience desirable
- Proven track record leading team preferably experience in the Rheumatology/Dermatology area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven, successful history in leadership and motivational role
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- Priority Setting
- Leadership & Motivation
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Agility
- Integrity & Trust
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position