This job posting is no longer active
Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You're bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client's products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
inVentiv Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of inVentiv Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions Commercial Division, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies that deliver. In this role, you will join a new, stand-alone team representing one of inVentiv Health's most robust partnerships. You will initially promote an existing line of vaccines and will be poised to launch a new vaccine in late 2017. The selected professional will be an integral part of a nationwide sales team developing and managing an assigned territory.
- Proactively demonstrate and promote client's products to targeted retail pharmacies and pharmacists in territory and develop an appropriate territory business plan to influence their vaccinating decisions for the appropriate patient
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential customers in the territory (e.g. retail pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, vaccinating pharmacists, in store health clinic works such as nurses and nurse practitioners) to enhance company and/or product loyalty and build the clients brands
- Manage territory budget to support sales and marketing activities
- Utilize defined selling model by obtaining maximum commitment from customers on every call to impact positive territory engagement results
- Develop programs to enhance customer engagement and assist in business plans and goals. Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends and discern how this could impact the business and adapt to changing conditions
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and resources to maximize effectiveness in the territory
- Leverage understanding of clinical studies and managed care to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships. Customize discussions with customers based on understanding the customer's needs
- Integrate and partner with colleagues and client counterparts when needed to maximize appropriate territory activities and accomplish positive results for client and the customer, including Medical Science Liaisons, Therapeutic Clinical Liaisons, marketing personnel, and managed care account managers as required
- Actively participate in continuous learning and development programs, such as technical updates and professional skills enhancement
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties and compliance policies and training
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Advanced course work in Business/Sales Management preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of successful business to business and/or pharma sales experience
- Experience with "total office call" account management
- Minimum 2 years vaccines sales experience preferred
- Experience with managed care pull through preferred
- Experience with community pharmacy customer segment preferred
- Strong track record of high-level performance and consistent achievements
- Business Acumen
- Persuasion and Selling Skills
- Goal oriented
- Relationship building
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position