This job posting is no longer active
Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You're bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client's products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
inVentiv Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of inVentiv Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Area Business Specialist (ABS) position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make an impact on patients' lives.
Ensure appropriate identified new and existing patients have access to pharmaceutical products which minimize pre and post needle attrition by:
- Ensuring a mix of viable sites of care are available in the local marketplace.
- Educating practices on appropriate efficiency practices to infuse the pharmaceutical product(s) to remain viable.
- Updating practices on key private and public payer changes that impact infusion process.
- Ensuring staff in infusion clinics have been trained using company approved materials to deliver pharmaceutical product(s) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Educating providers on patient assistance programs that are available to assist patients financially.
- Use discretion and judgment to execute the company's brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include securing and preserving patient access to pharmaceutical product(s) in the optimal site of care for the patient and provider.
- Approach each customer from a total account management perspective, by leveraging resources appropriately, collaborating with business partners and accurately articulating the value proposition for the customer.
- Assist members of sales force (e.g., Immunology Specialists, District Managers) in all aspects of product promotion, including but not limited to product access, pull-through and reimbursement.
- Mentor doctors and staff on how to develop and implement an In Office Infusion program including overall operations management, scheduling, staffing, pre-authorization, reimbursement, capacity management, inventory management, and infusion management/efficiencies.
- Be responsible for training appropriate clinical staff re: technical aspects of infusing the pharmaceutical product(s) including reconstitution, admixture, administration, monitoring, and adverse event management and reporting.
- Serve as a resource to territory's accounts and staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies; reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, pre-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/grievances); practice management; Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations; OSHA; HIPAA; and state-specific clinical staff licensing / certification requirements for product compounding, admixture, administration and monitoring.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of (2-3) years of successful pharmaceutical, biologic / biotech or medical device sales experience with a minimum of one (1) year of specialty sales experience or the equivalent experience as a Practice Administrator, Office Manager and/or Billing Manager is required
- Working knowledge of reimbursement, payer, provider and infusion operations is strongly preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of immunology, rheumatology, and/or gastroenterology, prior experience managing through complex reimbursement issues, candidates with prior Management Development courses, experience in project oriented selling situations in a high incentive and individual performance culture, along with a documented successful sales performance (high growth, results vs. plan).
- Must be willing to travel as needed or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States.
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position