Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you're an extroverted expert.
If there's one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it's how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You've got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.
You'll confer with internal stakeholders and build new collaborative relationships with medical and scientific leaders, policy-makers and advocates. You'll contribute cutting-edge clinical and scientific data to help move healthcare forward and positively impact patients. You'll represent a specialty pharmaceutical company addressing unmet medical needs in metabolic disorders to promote healthy ageing and improved quality of life. You will:
- • Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified Key Opinion Leaders and assigned institutions to provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfillment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative.
- • Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with KOLs and health care providers in assigned HIV/AIDS patient care institutions/facilities. Serve as a primary liaison for connecting KOLs and their affiliate institutions with appropriate Medical Affairs initiatives that forward the scientific progress of our brands.
- • Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with the client. Support KOL involvement in research activities including Company-Sponsored Trials and responses to unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the facilitation of IST projects.
- • Develop and execute Field Medical Affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with Medical Affairs strategies and tactics. Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on company products and pipeline products including unsolicited requests for off-label medical information as per Theratechnologies policies and procedures.
- • Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community HIV/AIDS practices, advocacy groups, and others as needed.
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- • 3-5 years' of MSL experience in HIV/AIDS and/or infectious disease with demonstrated knowledge of the HIV/AIDS clinical environment.
- • Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an RPh, Masters or nursing trained applicant with 8+ years of experience will be considered.
- • Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
- • Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and MA activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
- • Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in HIV/AIDS.
- • Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- • Ability to travel 60% - 75% and a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
At inVentiv Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance. We provide comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as optional life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement account.
Make your work matter everywhere.Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Medical Science Liaison
Minimum Education Level