This job posting is no longer active
You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions Commercial Division, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry. More specifically:
The Senior Accountant will perform monthly P&L and balance sheet analysis, process monthly accruals, amortization, and allocations, and perform other projects as necessary. This individual should have strong knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship with the various sub ledgers, as well as a strong understanding of monthly accruals related to payroll and other expenses. This is a long-term, internal temporary position with potential to lead to permanent hire down the road.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Review of monthly project P&Ls and preparation of necessary journal entries and accruals, including, but not limited to:
- analysis of wages, bonus, and other compensation related earnings
- analysis of chargeback items, including travel and other miscellaneous expenses, including review and correction of variances
- analysis of actual results against forecast
- analysis of postings from various modules, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and expense management to determine accuracy
- review and preparation of journal entries related to billing department uploads
- Review and monthly update of assigned Balance Sheet accounts
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage monthly prepaid activity and book amortization
- Process monthly allocations
- Upload of monthly forecast and accrual files
- Serve as a backup for Fleet analysis and posting
- Special projects as assigned
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Education: BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong experience with month end close processes and financial statement review
- Strong experience with computerized financial systems (PeopleSoft a strong plus)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Individual must be a self starter, analytical, and deadline oriented
- Must be willing to work overtime, especially during month end close periods
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
INC Research/inVentiv Health position