With over 15,000 employees in 90 Countries, inVentiv Health offers best-in-class clinical development and commercialization services to global healthcare companies seeking to accelerate performance. Our people provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life.
Here at inVentiv Health Selling Solutions, a critical segment of our Commercial Division, we offer innovative promotional and educational resources that deliver customized commercial solutions to the world's leading healthcare companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease.
Our high-performance team of sales, market access, clinical educators and medical affairs employees work together with our corporate support professionals and executive leadership in a fast-paced, challenging environment with one single common aspiration: to deliver exceptional service.
Make your work matter everywhere.
The Sales Training Manager is primarily responsible for the successful delivery, design, development and management of solutions to meet training needs. The Sales Training Manager is integral in the development of short- and long-range training plans, including developing training concepts, objectives, programs, and descriptions. The Sales Training Manager must also help sequence and execute the actual training.
All potential candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech training and development function delivering instructor-led training to a variety of audiences in a corporate setting. Candidates need to command a strong classroom presence and possess effective facilitation and communication skills; understand the pharmaceutical industry; comprehend the disease state and marketplace for the therapeutic area they are supporting; know the roles and responsibilities of the different customers in each account and put concepts, skills, and knowledge into a learning context for participants.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties include, but are not limited to the following)
- Conducts ongoing training needs analyses
- Creates, maintains and implements a workable training plan to outline the goals, strategies, and tactics to achieve client satisfaction
- Responsible for sourcing and partnering with Training Vendors
- Develops training concepts and associated objectives, descriptions, and sequencing for all training efforts
- Works with all levels of Field Sales Leadership and other key stakeholders to determine specific metrics to assess the success of training activities
- Oversees development of or develops content for all forms of training delivery (e.g., e-modules, e-zines, and live training)
- Nurtures training concepts throughout their evolution to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the overall brand objectives
- Navigate and negotiate the MLR process
- Engages with designated key stakeholders throughout the development process
- Oversees support of or directly supports (as needed) live training logistics and preparation, including scheduling, printing, and facilities requirements
- If needed, conducts leader or facilitator training for all developed content and provides support for delivery as requested
- Ensures that all training is designed using the best available instructional design strategies and is delivered with the most effective and efficient modalities
- Oversees implementation of or delivers all training programs, including new-hire backfill training, advanced training, Manager Meeting training and virtual training
- Foster a positive learning environment while also managing a classroom environment in a manner that allows participants to meet learning objectives
- Coaches participants during training classes and in evening sessions
- Evaluates the competency levels of training class participants and provides timely evaluations and feedback
- Works with sales management to formulate a representative development plan
- Supports all levels of the Field Sales Team and other key stakeholders by leading training-related efforts for national sales meetings, POA meetings, manager meetings, and other training interventions
- Conducts field rides with Field Sales Team to provide coaching on product, marketplace, selling skills, and other topics
- Works with Field Sales Leadership and other key stakeholders to provide coaching on managerial effectiveness and other topics
- Minimum Education: BA or BS degree, advanced degree preferable
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or healthcare experience, 3 of which must be within training and development
- Experience selling and training in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: GI, CNS, cardiovascular, women's health and/or anti-infectives
- Knowledge of US market access environment
- High energy level and an upbeat, positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technical, clinical, and medical product and disease state knowledge
- Proven training and group facilitation expertise
- Flexibility to work around multiple projects and schedules
- Willingness to travel, including overnight stays
- Ability to provide references of previous work relating to training delivery
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses, and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level