You're an expert facilitator: you open doors, foster communication and bridge the gap.
Connecting people with the information they need is your forte. You're a unifier by nature and you're at your best when setting others up for success. Your ability to clear the way, extrapolate intricate details, attend to complex situations and serve as a trusted go-between make you a perfect fit for a Field Access Specialist role at inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
Responsibilities: In this role, your unwavering support and consultative approach will help offices obtain authorization for appropriate patients. You'll make a difference and witness your direct impact on a patient's ability to access the therapies they need. You'll support patient access to a new-to-market, self-injectable cardiology product for a leader in biotechnology and one of inVentiv Health's most robust relationships. More specifically, you will:
- Manage daily activities that support appropriate patient access to our client's products in the provider offices and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and access support services offered by our clients
- Act as an extension of the call center and provide live one-on-one coverage support
- Offer assistance from prescription to fill, supporting the entire access journey through payer prior authorization to appeals/denials requirements procedures and forms
- Review patient-specific information in cases where the site has specifically requested assistance in resolving any issues or coverage challenges
- Review patient insurance benefit options
- Identify alternate funding/financial assistance programs
- Coordinate with our client's patient support services programs representatives
- Educate physician office staff on the use of our client's patient assistance and call center support services, including web based provider programs
- Provide information on relevant access topics related to our client's products
- Serve as payer expert for defined geography and able to communicate changes to key stakeholders in a timely manner
NOTE: This is not a sales position.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's Degree, relevant specific practice management experience preferred
- Minimum two years' experience in public or private third party access arena or pharmaceutical industry in managed care, clinical support, and/or sales
- Experience with specialty products (preferably buy and bill) acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks and the ability to teach an office the entire process from script to injection
- Experience with coding, billing and in-office support of these programs
- Knowledge of Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies and processes with expertise in Medicare Part D (Pharmacy Benefit design and coverage policy) a plus
- Previous experience in launching new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Ability to travel and cover large multistate geography territories, and a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level