Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a Neuroscience Specialty Sales Representative who wants to join an innovative and dynamic sales organization. We are seeking top talent to join our high performance sales team to make a difference in patient's lives every day and be part of building a great company. Vanda Pharmaceuticals provides that unique opportunity. This position offers a competitive compensation package. The Neuroscience Specialty Sales Representative will be reporting into the Neuroscience District Sales Manager.
The Neuroscience Specialty Representative will be a key member of the sales force, covering key prescribers throughout the region, on both short and long-term assignments.
- Promote product in the assigned territory. Frequent collaboration with the District Sales Manager to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Provide vacancy coverage within region when necessary
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Secure product access and reimbursement within institutional systems as needed.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required
- 1-3 years of pharmaceutical sales experience required
- Atypical anti-psychotic experience highly preferred Experience in schizophrenia highly preferred
- Preferred specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered
- Reimbursement experience preferred
- Goal and Results driven - proven track record of above average results
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred
- Ability for high level of travel locally and within surrounding territories. (will include overnights)
- Travel to other regions with short notice
- Goal and results driven - proven track record of above average results
- Highly clinical, patient centric and tactical with excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Ability to navigate complex markets and organizations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Dynamic, High-impact individual
- Effective selling and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to read situations quickly and adjust for roadblocks
- Computer proficient
Vanda offers competitive compensation, a bonus plan, comprehensive benefits package, car/travel allowance, and the opportunity to grow and develop. If you have a proven sales performance record and the desire to make a positive impact in the healthcare field, we want to hear from you. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in Vanda, however; only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Minimum Education Level