This job posting is no longer active
You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Reseach/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions Commercial Division, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry. More specifically:
- You will analyze and evaluate large quantities of data in relational databases and unstructured forms of data, effectively balancing quality, availability and timeliness.
- Leveraging your data analysis skills, you will create innovative approaches to answer our clients' most relevant questions on tracking performance and impact against their goals. In these situations, you will work closely with sales management organization and may engage directly with clients, to understand the client's aspiration and structure an analytical approach to achieve it. You will also play the lead role conducting the analysis.
- You will also participate in building the team's analytical toolkit and infrastructure. Examples of this include designing easy-to-use tools or replicable approaches to address frequent client requests.
- Consult with Sales, Brand and Operational client leads to understand field/product performance expectations and translate to actionable field metrics and reports
- Proactively analyze and study client data to provide valuable insights
This person will help to build out our analytics practice. Will extract and analyze data using SQL. Must be able to join large complex tables in SQL and/or NoSQL. Experience with no-SQL database is a plus (Cassandra). Will work with call, sample, targeting, alignment and sales data to find deeper solutions and insights. Will use a varitey of data sources which may include Veeva, IMS, Symphony Health and others. Knowledge of pharmaceutical sales operational data is a plus. Will need to know regression analysis and preditictive analytics is a plus.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitatively-oriented discipline
- 1-2 years' experience in an analytics role and/or reporting
- Proficiency in R or SQL and/or SAS required; additional knowledge of other statistical software or programming languages helpful
- Working knowledge of data manipulation languages like Python/Java/Scala is a plus
- Experience working with large datasets (SQL, noSQL) and the ability to join multiple tables.
- Experience in report and dashboard design is needed using Excel or MicroStrategy or Tableau or other.
- Ability to identify and reslove data quality issues.
- Experience related to pharmaceuticals industry is a plus
- Knowledge of typical pharmaceutical data sources (physician-level prescribing, SFDC data etc.) is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines
- Ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
- Strong people skills, team-orientation and a professional attitude
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere.Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Market Research & Analytics
Minimum Education Level
Company [Job Posting]
INC Research/inVentiv Health position