This job posting is no longer active
You're a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator-and you excel at every one of them.
If there's one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it's how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It's time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with INC Research/inVentiv Health.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you will provide clinical expertise to health care providers and patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes. You will work across multiple therapeutic areas including endocrinology, neurology and nephrology and work directly with nurses and office staff to conduct off-based education and product training. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
- Educate staff on both clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient identification
- Educate providers and nursing staff on the clinical profile of products including but not limited to: clinical benefits, administration requirements/techniques and side effect management
- Provide education programs for professional staff, nurses, and other key healthcare staff through 1:1 presentations, round table discussions, and formal presentations
- Integrate as needed with sales professionals, and reimbursement specialists (HUB) to identify and work within targeted practices
- Partner with sales and sales management to profile customer accounts, resolve customer issues, and identify new business opportunities
- Initiate clinical discussions with key personnel in each account (MD , nurse practitioner, nurse, physician's assistant, clinic nurses)
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- Active RN license required. Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced Practice degree and/or MSN/MBA preferred (cannot have had a license revoked in any state)
- Renal, Urology or Oncology experience (lung oncology a plus) required
- Minimum of 8-10 years' of clinical experience
- Prior Pharmaceutical Industry experienced preferred•
- Clinical Educator experience preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with direct-to-patient education initiatives preferred
- Excellent teaching skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated effectiveness working independently and on cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiasm, good attitude and ability to motivate others
- Ability to travel locally and overnight 75%
- Ability to schedule individual work-related travel (air, hotel, rental car as needed)
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
More than 50%
Minimum Education Level
Company [Job Posting]
INC Research/inVentiv Health position