This job posting is no longer active
You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join our groundbreaking global network of more than 22,000 employees with the ability to service clients in over 110 countries. As part of the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, you'll be connected to a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work with endless energy in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. You'll integrate seamlessly with our clients and do what's best for their success. In a recent five-year period, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 82% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Test Director will build a new centralized testing organization from the ground-up. This position will have multiple direct reports (onshore & nearshore / offshore), with some of these direct reports having direct reports as well. Reporting to the PMO & Delivery Lead within the Business Technology (BT) Organization, this person will have responsibility for defining the organizational structure of the new test team; interviewing, hiring, and managing talented test professionals; defining test methodologies, processes and frameworks; and selecting and implementing testing tools. This position will be a leader within BT and will have overall responsibility for the quality assurance of tested software and products, specifically focused on system testing, integration testing, regression testing, end to end testing, and supporting the business and customers with user acceptance testing. The Test Lead needs to have a passion for testing and be a master communicator who is willing and able to explain the purpose, importance, and impact of the test team to various stakeholders and leaders throughout the organization.
This person will select and implement testing automation tools, establish test frameworks, define the process and build out this test organization. This position can be located in Somerset, NJ or Raliegh, NC.
- Define the mission and charter for the new test team
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the test team
- Plan and implement testing and quality assurance initiatives to ensure solution quality
- Have expertise in test automation using commercially available testing tools
- Evaluate, build business cases in support of, select, and implement testing tools; including test reporting, test management, test automation, etc.
- Develop all test processes, methodologies, and frameworks supporting agile and waterfall projects, product development, and production enhancements and defect fixes in a bi-modal IT environment
- Develop a test estimation model to define the required testing effort both for individual projects as well as for annual roadmaps of projects and products
- Develop a test capacity model to understand and manage the throughput of the test team
- Develop training materials both for BT users of the testing tools and processes and also for business / end users who leverage test tools for user acceptance testing
- Manage large teams and work efforts, including all people management responsibilities (e.g. hiring, performance feedback and reviews, ongoing mentoring / coaching, etc.)
- Partner with Validation Managers to introduce and apply a risk-based approach to testing and crystalizing the lines of demarcation between Validation Managers and test professionals
- Define the key metrics / KPIs for the test team and provide daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual reports on test performance, including quality, performance, and code coverage
- Accountable for all test team deliverables including (but not limited to) test strategies, test plans, test conditions, test scripts, test summary reports, traceability matrices, IQ/OQ (Installation Qualification / Operational Qualification) checklists, and partnering with the business stakeholders / end users on PQ (Performance Qualification) checklists.
- Accountable for management of test team finances, running the test team as a business, including any vendor / third party contracts, departmental budgets, chargebacks / allocations to individual projects and business units, etc.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- 10 years experience in test leadership & management, test strategy, and test automation
- 5 years experience in people management with direct reports
- Proven experience having built a new testing organization
- Proven experience having introduced testing methodologies, processes, and frameworks for an organization
- Proven experience having led the evaluation, selection, implementation, rollout, and use of tools that support testing, including test automation tools
- Proven experience managing testing efforts for regulated / validated systems, preferably within the Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience managing testing efforts for various types of systems / applications, including (but not limited to) custom developed, COTS, SaaS, digital, and datamarts / data warehouses / data lakes
- Proven ability to develop and get approval for business cases
- Proven experience managing financials for projects and departments
- Proven experience managing offshore / nearshore teams
- Excellent communication (written and oral), estimation, and analytical skills
- Experience with usability testing and performance testing
- Knowledge and experience of risk-based approaches to testing (e.g. Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA))
- Willingness and ability to travel (~10-20%)
- Preferred - Project management experience / PMP certification
- Preferred - Technology / Management Consulting experience
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Degree in a related area
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level
INC Research/inVentiv Health position