This job posting is no longer active
Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You're bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client's products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
inVentiv Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of inVentiv Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions Commercial Division, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies that deliver. This role provides a unique opportunity to be autonomous in your own territory, and gain experience in pharmaceuticals and specialize in oncology by promoting a newly acquired metastatic breast cancer product for an emerging company. The selected professional will be an integral part of a nationwide sales team developing and managing an assigned territory. You will:
- • Meet or exceed assigned sales targets
- • Conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex scientific information fluently to institutional-based physicians in large academic centers and hospitals or large group practices and community based Oncologists
- • Develop and implement robust territory business plans centered on performance
- • Develop strong and long-term relationships with customers in all assigned accounts
- • Demonstrate thorough understanding of disease states (breast cancer), company brands and relevant competitor products
- • Demonstrate highly effective territory management, account management and exemplary selling competencies
- • Monitor operating costs and compliance with territory budget
- • Understand and apply knowledge of health care industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy-economics, payer/ reimbursement landscape and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices) and analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines
- • Demonstrate understanding of current or pending clinical pathways within an institution, and how they influence patient treatment
- • Build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians/HCPs, office staff and others in the patient care continuum including KOL's. Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information
- • Drive market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients
- • A Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a life science field
- • Demonstrated success in college (Strong GPA, leadership roles, extracurricular activities/groups)
- • 1-4 years' pharmaceutical sales experience (medical device or diagnostics). Any experience in specialty sales, hospital or buy and bill a plus
- • A documented track record of performance exceeding established sales goals/objectives
- • A strong aptitude to sell clinically and to therapeutic specialists
- • Demonstrated account and territory management skills
- • Ability to travel overnight as required
- • Ability to travel and possess a valid driver's license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- • The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Minimum Education Level